Compeer Financial’s Fund for Rural America, the giving program of the Farm Credit cooperative, has granted a total of $212,521 through 35General Use Grants. These grants support initiatives and organizations that enhance agriculture and rural America, aligning with Compeer Financial’s mission. The grants will directly impact the lives of 216,800 people and will touch 3.2 million lives.
Since its establishment in 2018, the Fund has awarded 402 General Use Grants to community organizations, totaling over $2.3 million. The Fund will once again offer this grant again in November 2023 to provide funding for 2024.
“The General Use Grant Program makes a difference in the communities where Compeer Financial clients and team members reside and work, reflecting our commitment to enriching agriculture and rural America,” said Karen Schieler, Senior Corporate Giving Specialist at Compeer Financial. “Many of the supported groups through this grant initiative will directly benefit farmers, promote agriculture or aid local efforts to address food insecurity. This grant is integral to our organization’s dedication to the farmers and communities we serve.”
The General Use Grant Program is supporting 35 organizations within Compeer Financial’s territory, including:
- AURI: upgrading anaerobic digester
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of St. Cloud: adding a box truck and freezer unit for senior dining meal deliveries
- Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota: developing agricultural exhibits and programming – “Plant, Grow, Harvest, Eat!”
- Faribault Farm Safety Collaborative: providing farm safety training and safety equipment for farmers
- Feeding Our Communities Partners: offering hunger relief services to k-12 youth in south-central Minnesota
- Kasson-Mantorville Community Education: constructing an outdoor learning structure for nature-based education
- Martin County EDA: offering a festival and event management online course for event professionals in Martin County
- North Shore Healthcare Foundation: introducing simulation manikin training technology and on-the-job training for EMTs, CNAs and medical assistants
- Second Harvest Heartland: acquiring new walking pallet jacks
- Second Harvest North Central Food Bank, Inc.: supporting start-up costs for the home delivery program
- University of Minnesota Foundation: developing programs to raise awareness and provide education about Minnesota’s farming communities – Grow North
- Wolf Ridge Environmental Learning: upgrading high tunnels for improved performance