Finalists Named for 68th Princess Kay of the Milky Way
Ten dairy princesses from across Minnesota have been named finalists for the 68th Princess Kay of the Milky Way, after participating in virtual or in-person judging sessions held May 14-15. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the typical Dairy Promotion and Leadership event was separated into virtual leadership sessions and a day of judging.
To compete to be a finalist for Princess Kay of the Milky Way, each princess submitted an application, participated in a personal interview, prepared and delivered a speech, and participated in a mock media interview. After these events, 10 finalists were selected to compete for the title of Minnesota’s 68th Princess Kay of the Milky Way, who will be crowned in August.
The finalists include:
– Emeliya Dose, 18, Plainview, representing Wabasha County; daughter of Paul Dose and Miranda and Rob Young
– Kelsey Erf, 19, Oakdale, representing Washington County; daughter of Dave and Kathy Erf
– Anna Euerle, 19, Litchfield, representing Meeker County; daughter of Vaughn and Joan Euerle
– Alaina Johnson, 18, Dakota, representing Houston County; daughter of Ryan and Tracy Johnson
– Kelsey Kuball, 19, Waterville, representing Rice County; daughter of Shannon and Nathan Kuball
– Emily Leonard, 21, Norwood Young America, representing Carver County; daughter of Tim and Amy Leonard
– Isabelle Lindahl, 20, Lindstrom, representing Chisago County; daughter of Kevin and Tara Lindahl
– Megan Meyer, 17, Rollingstone, representing Winona County; daughter of John and Connie Meyer
– Jessica Ohmann, 20, Albany, representing Stearns County; daughter of Ron and Ami Ohmann
– Katrina Thoe, 22, Hayfield, representing Dodge County; daughter of Susie and Jeffrey Thoe
Princess Kay candidates are judged on their general knowledge of the dairy industry, communication skills and enthusiasm for promoting dairy. Midwest Dairy sponsors the Princess Kay of the Milky Way program, which is funded by dairy farmers through their promotion checkoff.